Meet Your Neighbor! Jessica Moreau-Berry (aka JunqueRevival)

What is your shop name & URL, real name, and what do you sell?
I'm Jessica Moreau-Berry and the proprietor of http://www.junquerevival.com. I recently opened my Etsy shop http://junquerevival.etsy.com/ where I sell my found object jewelry.

Where do you live? Tell us a about your town.
I live In Whitefield, about 15 minutes from Wiscasset and 15 min. from Gardiner. We have an old farm house, no neighbors, a couple of old farm fields, woods, and a barn that is finally getting some TLC. There is supposedly a big artist community here in Whitefield, but I do not seem to ever see any events going on, etc. I think everyone drives to the coast to peddle their wares.

Tell us about your family & pets.
My Husband is known as "Big Daddy" to my internet friends. He is the love of my life. We will be married nine WHOLE years this July (quite a record for me folks!) He's a fisherman, and I often go boating and fishing with him. We love to kayak, hike go to breakfast, and I dare say we tend to be the ones to entertain amongst our friends. We have two dogs and a cat. The dogs are about 11, and I think Weezie the cat might live forever, just to annoy us! We just found out that one of the dogs has lime disease:( We have no children, just our furry babies.

How long have you been making your craft & what got you into it?
Well let's see, I think everything I have done when it comes to being artistic has really just been a natural extension of the life I have lived. My Mom (who is my best friend) was/is an antique dealer, so I was setting up at shows with her when I was a young teen. I started painting found objects in those years, and progressed up to furniture for the last 15 years. I sold hand painted furniture and antiques all over the state of Maine. I painted big specialty pieces for coastal shops. I had to have someone work for me about three days a week to help. THEN I crashed and burned!! I just got so bored painting pink flowers onto white cottage furniture. That's all anyone wanted....I think I felt stifled. I took a summer off about 3 years ago, and did nothing but kayak and garden, it was wonderful, but I am a person who needs to be creative. I went into the barn and grabbed up some old ephemera and small found objects that caught my eye. I really just started playing around and VOILA.....jewelry pieces started coming to life!

Do you feel like your craft is related to where you live?
hmmmm.....I am a nature girl, and I have always used Maine's great outdoors to inspire me. It's not that I might go hiking, pick up a pinecone, then run home and make a pinecone. It's more that our beautiful surroundings calm me, relax me and just naturally bring out the artist in me.

Tell us about the awesome craftspeople that you've met around Maine-- have you collaborated or met with any Maine Team members?
I have yet to meet up with any Maine Team members, but I can't wait to! I have become friends with other Maine artists through blogging, and have wonderful mini retreats and gatherings with them! I have had a weekend retreat here at the house that was FABULOUS! I have become friends with artist Susan Tuttle who is publishing a book called, "Exhibition 36: a Gallery of Mixed-Media Inspiration" and I will be in it!!

What are your plans for the future? (Life and/or craft)
I would like to just keep on creating! I want to teach more workshops on a regular basis so maybe I can give up slinging beers three days a week! I would like to write regularly for a magazine. I would love to open some kind of big art studio one day. I am thinking of a big old space in a fun downtown like Damariscotta or Bath where I can rent out studio space to other artists. I envision a big central workspace on the first floor where the artists can teach workshops. I would love to have a kitchen there as well, so when we have shows we can make a bunch of munchies. (and storage for our wine!) (LOL!) FOR NOW, I would consider something smaller, maybe something that can be shared with a few folks. I am lucky, I have lots of space to create here at home, but I am a people person, and sometimes I get a bit lonely.......
Want to be interviewed? Email jamieribisi{at}gmail.com